Wheat Coconut Bun
Wheat flour 3 cups
Warm milk ¼ cup
Active dry yeast 1 tsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Salt ½ tsp
Shredded Coconut ½ cup
Nattu sakkarai(jaggery) ¼ cup
Tutti frutti ¼ cup
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
- Take a small bowl add warm milk, then add yeast and sugar. Mix it well. Keep it in rest for 15 min.
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour and salt. Mix it well. Once yeast is activated then add yeast in to the flour.(shown in the picture) Knead soft dough with enough water. Spread 1 tsp of oil in the dough. Keep it in a warm place for 2 hours or until the dough raised double in size.
- Then add coconut, jaggery, tutti frutti and cardamom powder. Mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Once the dough raised double in size then knead again and split the dough into 2 equal size ball. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius
- Grease the baking tray with oil. Then take one portion of the dough and press it in a round shape.
- Then spread coconut mixture in the dough. Then take another portion of the dough and carefully cover it. (shown in the picture) apply one tsp of oil and keep it in rest for 15 min.
- Then bake it in the oven for 20 min. Once the bun is baked well, cool down to room temperature,then cut the bun and enjoy it