Inji Murappa (Ginger Candy)
- Ginger paste ½ cup
- Nattu sakkarai(jaggery) 1 ¼ cup
- First heat a nonstick pan or heavy bottom vessel with ¼ cup of water.
- Then add nattu sakkarai and mix it well, once it dissolves in water drain it.
- Then again heat this syrup. Keep stirring.Checking the syrup by pouring it on a bowl of water. At one stage the syrup will not get dissolves in water. gather it your hands, it will form a ball like jelly. This is correct consistency.( shown in the picture)
- In this stage add ginger paste and mix it well. Once the mixture is getting thick, and started to leave the side of the vessel, pour it into the greased tray. Spread it evenly. Let it set for 15 min.
- When it is warm take a small gooseberry size and press it with palm.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
Store it in an airtight container.
This is good for digestion