Methi Malai Paneer
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped onion – ¼ cup
- Finely chopped tomato – ½ cup
- Bay leaf – 1
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Methi leaves (fresh or dried) – ½ cup
- Paneer cubes – 1 cup
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup
- Cashew – 10
- Khus khus – 1 tsp
- Required salt
- First soak cashew nuts and khus khus in hot water for 10 min. Then grind a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat a vessel with butter. Once butter melts add bay leaves and chopped onion. Saute well.
- Then add chopped tomatoes. Saute well. Then and all the powders. Mix it well.
- Then add ½ cup of water. Let it boil.
- Once the raw smell goes away, then add cashew paste. Mix it well without any lumps. Add water for gravy for consistency. Let it boil for 1 minute.
- Then add chopped fresh/dried methi leaves and salt. Mix it well. Let it boil.
- Then add paneer cubes. Mix it well. Cover and cook it in low flame for 5 min. Then switch off the flame. Add fresh cream and mix it well.
Serve it with chapati or poori.