- Vazaipoo finely chopped 1 cup
- Gram dal 1 cup
- Big onion finely chopped 1 no
- Green chili chopped 1 no
- Ginger finely chopped 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves chopped 2 tsp
- Perungayam 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds 1 tsp
- Red chilli 4 no
- Oil for fry
- Required salt
- First soak gram dal for 3 hours. Then wash it and drain well.
- In a mixer add soaked gram dal, fennel seeds and red chilli. Grind coarse paste without water.
- In a mixing bowl, add ground dal, vazaipoo, chopped onion, green chilli, ginger, coriander, curry leaves, perungayam and salt.
- Mix it well.
- Heat a pan with oil. Once oil heats, take some batter and make a lemon size ball and press it flat. Then carefully put it in the oil, fry till the vadai turns golden and crisp. Drain them in the paper towel.
Serve it with Coffee or Tea.