Idli rice 1 cup
Urad dal 4 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Ginger chopped 1 tsp
Red chili 4 no
Tomato chopped ½ cup
Big onion finely chopped ¼ cup
Gingelly oil 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Hing ½ tsp
Curry leaves 1 sprig
- First soak the dal and rice for 2 hours.
- Add the cumin seeds, ginger, red chili, chopped tomato,dal and rice in to a mixer. Add enough water and grind it.
- Add salt and enough water to the batter. Add chopped onion and mix it well.
- Heat a pan with oil, once oil heats add seasoning items. Switch off the flame.
- Add this seasoning to the batter.
- Heat a dosa pan and spread the batter. Sprinkle with tsp of oil. Cook both sides. Tomato dosa is ready
Serve it with chutney.