Wheat rava puttu
Wheat rava 1 cup
Shredded coconut ¼ cup
Jaggery ¼ cup
Hot water ¼ to ½ cup
- First add salt to the water and mix it well.
- In a mixing bowl add wheat rava and hot water. Mix it well.
- Let it soak for 10 min. Don’t add too much water otherwise it will get soggy.
- When you press little amount of wheat rava in your fist and it forms a shape,when you press the shape it will crumble. This is the correct consistency.
- Now fill the puttu kuzal(cylinder) with a fistful of grated coconut and then add wheat rava half of the cylinder. Repeat the process again. Sprinkle the grated coconut on the top of wheat rava. Cover it.
- Steam it for 10 to 15 min. when the puttu is cooked, steam will start coming through the holes on the lid. Remove the cylinder, open the lid. slowly push the puttu, and slide it onto a plate.
Serve hot with grated coconut and sugar or banana with vellam.(jaggery)