Wheat flour puttu
Wheat flour 1 cup
Shredded coconut ¼ cup
Required salt and sugar
1. First add salt to the wheat flour. Mix it well.
2. Add this flour to the mixer. Add ¼ cup of hot water or enough water to the mixer. Pulse it couple of times in a mixer.
3. When you press little flour in your fist and it forms a shape, not crumble off. This is the correct consistency.
4. Now fill the puttu kuzal(cylinder) with a fistful of grated coconut and then add wheat flour half of the cylinder. Repeat the process again. Sprinkle the grated coconut on the top of wheat flour. Cover it.
5. Steam it for 8 to 10 min. when the puttu is cooked, steam will start coming through the holes on the lid. Remove the cylinder, open the lid. Using the handle of a ladle, slowly push the puttu, and slide it onto a plate.
Serve hot with grated coconut and sugar or banana with vellam.(jaggery)