Veg Dum biriyani
Basmati rice 2 cups
Carrot ½ cup
Beans ½ cup
Cauliflower ½ cup
Soya chunks 10 nos
Big onion sliced ½ cup
Shahi biriyani masala 2 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Chili powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Shahi jeera 1 tsp
Whole garam masala each shown in the picture
Thick curd ½ cup
Milk 2 tbsp
Oil ¼ cup
Ghee 1 tbsp
chopped coriander, mint leaves for garnish
Ginger finely chopped 1 tbsp
Garlic finely chopped 1 tbsp
Green chili 2 no
Mint leaves chopped ¼ cup
Coriander leaves chopped ¼ cupMethod
1. Soak basmati rice for 30 min. In a pressure cooker add washed rice, tsp of oil, half spoon shahi jeera, whole garam masala, 2 ½ cups of water and salt. Mix it well. Pressure cook for one whistle.
2. Grind all the given items in a fine paste. Keep it aside.
3. Soak saffron in 2 tbsp of warm milk. Keep it aside.
4. Soak soya chunks in hot water for 10 min, then squeeze it. Keep it aside.
5. Heat a pan with oil. Add sliced onion, fry till the onion turns brown. Keep it aside.
6. Heat the pan with oil, add remaining shahi jeera. Once jeera popped add all the vegetables and soya chunks. Saute well. Then add ground paste. Saute well. Add all the powders, curd and salt. Mix it well. Cook till the oil oozes out from the gravy. Switch off the flame. Keep it aside.
7. In a big vessel spread half of the gravy. Then Spread half of the fried onion and chopped coriander, pudina leaves. Then spread half of the cooked rice. Sprinkle some saffron milk. Repeat the process again for second layer. Spread remaining onion, chopped coriander leaves, 1 tsp of shahi biriyani masala powder and ghee. Cover the vessel with a tight lid or foiled seat.
8. Heat a tawa, when the tawa turns hot, place the vessel on it.
9. Dum, it for 10 min in low flame. Switch off the flame. Do not open the vessel for 30 min. after 30 min, carefully mix the rice.
Serve it with onion raita.