Gram flour 2 cup
Rice flour ¼ cup
Chili powder 1 tsp
Omam (ajwain seed) 1 tsp
Hing ½ tsp
Ghee 2 tsp
Oil for deep fryMethod
1. First grind omam in a coarse powder. Soak the powder with 5 tbsp of hot water. keep it for 10 min. Then strain it. Keep it aside.
2. In a mixing bowl add all the powders, salt, ghee and oma water. mix it well.
3. Add little water to make a soft dough.
4. Add dough in idiyappam press.
5. Heat a kadai with oil. Once oil heats, carefully press it in the kadai. Deep fry until crisp. Drain them in paper towel.
Store it in an airtight container.