White chana soaked 4 to 5 hours 2 cup
Tomato 2 no
Big onion finely chopped ½ cup
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Chana masala powder 5 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves for garnish
1. First soak the white chana for 4 to 5 hours.
2. Pressure cook chana for 1 whistle. Keep it aside.
3. Boil tomatoes until the skin split open. Switch off the flame. Let it cool down to room temperature. After cooling down, grind it to a fine puree. Keep it aside.
4. Heat a vessel with oil. once oil heats, add chopped onion and ginger garlic paste. Saute well.
5. Then add tomato puree, chana masala powder, 2 cups of water and salt. Let it boil.
6. Take ½ cup of cooked chana. Mash it well with laddle. Keep it aside.
7. Once the water gets rolling boil, add remaining chana. Mix it well. Let it boil for 5 min.
8. Add mashed chana. Mix it well. Cook until it reaches gravy consistency.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve it Poori nor Chapathi
IF YOU DON’T HAVE CHANA MASALA POWDER, THEN USE THESE POWDERS.
· Coriander powder 1 ½ tsp
· Chili powder 1 tsp
· Cumin powder ½ tsp
· Amchur powder(drymango) ½ tsp
· Garam masala powder ¾ tsp