Seeraga samba rice 2 cups
Carrot chopped ½ cup
Beans chopped ½ cup
Soaked green peas ½ cup
Big onion sliced ½ cup
Whole garam masala for seasoning each 2no (cinnamon,cardamom,clove,bayleaf)
Oil 2 tbsp
Green chili 3 to 4 no
Ginger chopped 1 tsp
Garlic chopped 1 tsp
Mint leaves 10 no
Coriander leaves chopped 3 tbsp
1. First soak the rice for 30 min.
2. Grind the given items in a fine paste. Keep it aside.
3. Heat a big vessel with oil. Add whole garam masala and sliced onion. Saute well.
4. Then add ground paste and vegetables. Saute well. Then add 4 cups of water. Cover it. Let it boil.
5. Once the water gets rolling boil add washed rice and salt. Mix it well.
6. Cover and cook for high flame in 2 min. and then cook for medium flame in 2 min. once the rice cooked 3/4th consistency, then low the flame and slow cook till the rice turns cooked well. switch off the flame.
Serve with raita or any veg gravy
Method for basmati rice
· Soak rice for 30 min.
· 1cup rice : 1 ¼ cup of water
· Pressure cook for 1 whistle in medium flame