Egg dum biriyani
Basmati rice 2 cup
Big onion( thin sliced) ½ cup
Hardboiled eggs 5 no
Shahi biriyani masala 2 tsp
Chili powder 1 tsp
Shahi jeera 1 tsp
Whole garam masala each 3no
Oil 2 tbsp
Ghee 1 tbsp
chopped coriander mint leaves for garnish
Ginger finely chopped 1 tbsp
Garlic finely chopped 1 tbsp
Green chili 2 no
Thick curd ½ cup
Mint leaves chopped ¼ cup
Coriander leaves chopped ¼ cupMethod
1. Soak basmati rice for 30 min. In a pressure cooker add washed rice, tsp of oil, half spoon shahi jeera, whole garam masala, 2 ½ cups of water and salt. Mix it well. Pressure cook for one whistle.
2. Grind all the given items in a fine paste. Keep it aside.
3. Heat a pan with oil. Add sliced onion, fry till the onion turns brown. Keep it aside.
4. In the same pan add remaining shahi jeera. Once jeera popped add ground paste, coriander, chili powder, 1 tsp of shahi biriyani masala powder and salt. Cook till the oil oozes out from gravy. Switch off the flame. Keep it aside.
5. In a big vessel spread half of the gravy. Then Spread half of the fried onion and chopped coriander pudina leaves. Then spread half of the cooked rice. Repeat the process again.
6. Place the eggs on top of the rice. Spread remaining onion, chopped coriander leaves, 1 tsp of shahi biriyani masala powder and ghee. Cover the vessel with a tight lid or foiled seat.
7. Heat a tawa, when the tawa turns hot, place the vessel on it.
8. Dum it for 10 min in low flame. Switch off the flame. Do not open the vessel for 30 min. after 30 min, carefully mix the rice.
Serve it with onion raita