Gram flour 1 cup
Sugar ¾ cup
Cooking soda pinch
Cardamom, clove powder ¼ tsp
Salt ¼ tsp
Oil for deep fryMethod
1. In a mixing bowl add gram flour, cooking soda, salt and 1 tsp of oil. Add little water.
2. Mix it well without any lumps. (like bajji batter)
3. Heat a kadai with oil. Once oil heats, take the boondhi ladle. Grease the boondhi ladle with oil. Pour one laddle of batter on the boondhi laddle. (shown in the picture) gently spread the batter. It will drop down by itself. Cook both sides evenly. Drain in the paper towel.
4. Heat a big vessel. Add sugar and ¼ cup of water. Let it boil. Add cardamom powder.
5. Check the syrup. Once the syrup turns single thread (kambi pahu) consistency. Add boondhi. Switch off the flame. Mix it well. let it soak for at least 30 min.
Store it in an airtight container.