Moong dal (pasi parupu) 1cup
Rice flour 2 ¼ cup
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Hing (perungayam) ¼ tsp
Butter 4 tbsp
Oil for deep fry
- First dry roast moong dal in medium flame. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Grind it to a fine powder.
- In a vessel add all the flours, cumin seeds, butter, hing and salt. Mix it well.
- Add enough water to make a nonstick dough.
- Add dough in star murukku press. Heat oil in the kadai and carefully press a murukku in the kadai. Deep fry till the murukku turns slightly brown. Drain in the paper towel. Cool down to room temperature.
Store it in an airtight container