Seeraga samba rice 2 cup
Big onion sliced 1 no
Green chili 4 no
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Cinnamon(pattai) 2 small piece
Cardamom 2 no
Bay leaf 1
Clove 2 no
Ghee 3 tbsp
- Soak the rice for 30 min.
- Heat a big pan with oil. Add whole garam masala. Add sliced onion and green chili. Fry till the onion turns slightly brown. Add ginger garlic paste, saute well.
- Once the raw smell goes add 4 cups of water. Cover it. Let it boil.
- Once the water getting rolling boil add washed rice and salt. Mix it well.
- Cover and cook for high flame in 2 min. and then cook for medium flame in 2 min. once the rice cooked 3/4th consistency, then low the flame and slow cook till the rice turns cook well. Add more ghee if you want. Mix it well. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve it with any gravy
I am always using seeraga samba rice for any biryani or pulao. we like that taste.
Open pot cooking is the best way for this rice.
If you use basmathi rice, this is the method
- Soak rice for 30 min.
- 1cup rice : 1 ¼ cup of water
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle in medium flame