For making rasagulla ( 18 to 20)
Whole milk 5 cups
Lemon 1 no
Sugar 1.5 cups
Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
- First boil the whole milk, squeeze the lemon. Add the lemon juice to the boiling milk.
- Stir it well. Let the milk curdle. Switch of the flame.
- Filter and collect the paneer in a muslin cloth or any clean white cloth.
- Rinse the paneer under running water until the lemon smell gone. This step is must.
- Tie up the cloth and put the weight on top of it for 30 min. (shown in the picture)
- In a big vessel add sugar, cardamom powder and 3 cups of water. Let it boil.
- Knead the paneer dough well like chappathi dough. Take a small portion of the paneer and roll to tiny disc. (shown in the picture)
- Add the discs one after one gently in sugar syrup.
- Cover it. Cooked well. They double in size when done. If you press the rasa gulla, it will raise again. This is the right consistency. Switch off the flame. Let it cool down to room temperature.
For making rabri (milk syrup)
Condensed milk 1 cup
Mixed nuts finely chopped 5 tbsp
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottom vessel. Add condensed milk. Stir well. let it boil. Keep stirring. Otherwise it will get burnt.
- Add saffron and nuts. Keep stirring. Boil until the milk get thick cream consistency. Switch off the flame. Transfer the rabri to serving bowl.
- Take out the disc from sugar syrup and gently press the disc with ladle to remove the sugar syrup. (shown in the picture)
- Add this discs to rabri. Garnish with nuts. Chill and serve it.