Rasa gulla ( 20)
Whole milk 5 cups
Lemon 1 no
Sugar 2 cups
Saffron ¼ tsp
Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
For making paneer
For making rasa gulla
- First boil the whole milk.Squeeze the lemon. Add the lemon juice to the boiling milk.
- Stir it well. Let the milk curdle. Switch off the flame.
- Filter and collect the paneer in a muslin cloth or any clean white cloth.
- Rinse the paneer under running water Otherwise you will get lemon flavor.This step is must.
- Tie up the cloth and put the weight on top of it for 30 min. (shown in the picture)
- In a big vessel add sugar, cardamom powder and 3 cups of water. Let it boil.
- Knead the paneer dough well like chappathi dough. Take a small portion of the paneer and roll to tiny balls.
- Add the balls one after one gently in sugar syrup. Add saffron.
- Cover and cook well. They double in size when done. If you press the rasa gulla, it will raise again. This is the right consistency. Switch off the flame. Let it cool down to room temperature.
Serve rasa gulla chilled or at room temperature.