Ladoo (without bhoondhi making)
Gram flour 2 cups
Sugar 1.5 cups
Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
Saffron ¼ tsp
Oil for deep fry
Ghee ¼ cup
Roasted Cashew nut 2 tbsp
- First mix the gram flour with 1 cup of water. Beat well without any lumps.(like bajji batter)
- Heat a kadai with oil. When the oil is hot pour the batter with small spoon or ladle. Fry them like pakoda. Don’t fry too much. Drain in the paper towel. Switch off the flame.
- In a mixie jar add pakoda. Grind the pakoda like bhoondhi. Don’t grind too much. Keep it aside.
- Heat a big vessel. Add sugar and ½ cup of water. Let it boil. Add cardamom powder and saffron.
- Check the syrup. Once the syrup turn single thread (kambi pahu) consistency, add ground pakoda. Add ghee and roasted cahew nuts. Mix it well. Once the syrup and bhoondhi blended together, switch off the flame.
- Grease the hands with ghee. Take the small portion and roll in to a ball when it’s warm.
IN THESE MEASUREMENTS, YOU CAN GET AROUND 20 T0 23 LADOOS.
YOU CAN MAKE 100 LADOOS EASILY IN ONE HOUR.