Wheat flour 1 cup
rice ¼ cup
Curd ¾ cup
Green chili 1 no
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Ginger finely chopped ½ tsp
Curry leaves 1 strand
- Mix the wheat flour with water. Beat well without lumps.
- Grind the raw rice coarsely like as wheat rava.
- Heat a vessel with 3 cups of water. Once the water boiled add rice rava.. Mix it well without any lumps. Let it boil.
- Once the rice cooked 3/4th consistency, add wheat flour batter.
- Keep stirring, and cook well without any lumps. If the water is not enough add more hot water.
- Once the wheat and rice cooked well, switch off the flame. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- In a mixie jar add cooked rice and ½ cup water. Grind well. After cooling down add rice mixture to the koozh. Mix it well. Ferment for over night.
- Next morning grind the curd with cumin seeds, ginger, curry leaves and green chili.
- Add this curd mixture to the koozh. Mix it well. Add salt, and enough water for drinking consistency.
Best accomplishment for wheat koozh is with fresh onion (peeled ) along with mango pickle or pickle of your choice.