Soya chunks white chana vadai
Soya chunks 15 no
White chana 1 cup
Big onion finely chopped ½ cup
Ginger finely chopped 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves finely chopped ¼ cup
Fennal seeds (sombu) 1 tbsp
Hing ½ tsp
Green chili 3 no
Curry leaves finely chopped 1 tbsp
Mint leaves finely chopped 1 tbsp
Oil for deep fry
- First soak the white chana over night or 5 to 6 hours.
- Wash the chana and drain it well. Keep it aside.
- Heat a small vessal with a cup of water. Once the water boils, switch off the flame.
- Add soya to the water. Let them soaked for 10 min. After cooling down, washed the soya in running water. After that squeezed the soya as much as possible.
- In a jar add ginger, fennel seeds, soya and chana. Grind coarsely without water.
- Put it in to a bowl.
- In the bowl add finely chopped onion, coriander, mint leaves, hing and salt. Mix it well.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep fry.
- Make a small lemon size ball and press it flat.
- Carefully put the vadai in the oil. fry till the vadai become golden and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
Serve the vadai with chutney or serve it with hot tea or coffee in the evening.