Kambu koozh (pearl millet)
Kambu 1 cup
Left over cooked rice ¼ cup
Curd ¾ cup
Green chili 1 no
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Ginger finely chopped ½ tsp
Curry leaves 1 strand
Mango finely chopped ¼ cup
- First grind the kambu well. Keep it aside. If you grind 1cup kambu, you will get 1 ½ cup kambu flour.
- Heat a vessel with 3 cups of water. Once the water boiled add kambu flour. Mix it well without any lumps.
- Keep stirring, and cook the kambu well. If the water is not enough add more hot water.
- Once the kambu cooked well, switch off the flame. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- In a mixie jar add cooked rice and ½ cup water. Grind well. After cooling down add rice mixture to the koozh. Mix it well. Ferment for over night.
- Next morning grind the curd with cumin seeds, ginger, curry leaves and green chili.
- Add this curd mixture to the koozh. Mix it well. Add salt, chopped mango and enough water for drinking consistency.
Best accomplishment for kambu koozh is with fresh onion (peeled ) along with mango pickle or pickle of your choice.