Paneer butter masala
Paneer (cubed) 1 cup
Tomato 2 no
Big onion 1 no finely chopped
Kasturi methi 2 tbsp
Garam masala ½ tsp
Chili powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Butter 1 tbsp
Fresh cream 2 tbsp
Cashew nut 10 no
Poppy seeds 1 tbsp
- First dry roast the methi leaves for one minute. Keep it aside. It will give a nice aroma to the paneer butter masala.
- In the same pan, add some butter. Fry the paneer cubes in it. Keep it aside.
- Soak the cashew nuts and poppy seeds in hot water for 15 minutes. Grind well. It should be in a paste consistency. Keep it aside.
- Grind the tomatoes well. Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with butter. Once the butter melts, add onion. Saute for one min.
- Add tomato puree, all the powders, and 1 cup of water.
- Once its boils, add the cashew paste and salt. Mix it well. Add enough water for the gravy consistency. Let it boil. Once the gravy is cooked well, add methi leaves, fresh cream, and fried paneer. Cover it. Cook it for one minute. Switch off the flame.
Serve it with chapatti or poori.
My kids always like it with poori.