Seeraga samba rice 2 cup
Shahi jeera 1 tbsp
Cinnamon(pattai) 2 small piece
Bay leaf 1
Clove 2 no
Oil 1 tbsp
Ghee 1 tsp
Ginger finely chopped 1 tbsp
Garlic 3 no
Green chili 2 or 3 no
Coriander leaves finely chopped ¼ cup
- Soak the rice for 30 min.
- Grind the items given. keep it aside.
- Heat a big pan with oil. Add shahi jeera and whole garam masala. Once the jeera popped add ground paste. Saute well.
- Once the raw smell goes add 4 cups of water. Cover it. Let it boil.
- Once the water gets rolling boil add washed rice and salt. Mix it well.
- Cover and cook for high flame in 2 min. and then cook for medium flame in 2 min. once the rice cooked 3/4th consistency, then low the flame and slow cook till the rice turns cooked well. Add ghee. Mix it well. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve it with chana masala or any veg gravy