Veg fried rice
Basmati rice 1 cup
Carrot finely chopped 1/2 cup
Beans finely chopped ½ cup
Cabbage finely chopped ½ cup
Capsicum finely chopped ¼ cup
Garlic finely chopped 1 tbsp
Egg 2 no
Garlic 5 no
Red chili 4 or 5 no
Small onion 2 no
- First soak the red chili in hot water for 15 min.Grind the soaked red chili, garlic and small onion. keep it aside.
- Beat the eggs well with salt and pepper. Heat a pan with little oil. Add egg mixture to the pan.Once it starts to set, mix it with spoon, and cook until the egg mixture scramble as shown in the picture. switch off the flame when the eggs are still soft. If you leave the scrambled egg too long in the heat it will become dry and rubbery.
- Soak the rice for 30 min. In a pressure cooker add 1 cup rice,1 1/4 cup water,1 tsp of oil and salt. Cook for one whistle. Keep it aside.
- Heat a kadai with oil. Add chopped garlic. Fry till the garlic turns slightly brown. And then add all the vegetables. Saute the vegetables for a min. And then add chili paste. Saute well. Don’t boil the vegetables too much. Crunchiness of the vegetable will give nice taste to the rice.
- Once the raw smell goes add the cooked rice and salt. mix it well.
- Serve it with scrambled eggs or mix it with scrambled eggs.